Nachfolgend stelle ich einen offenen Brief hier im Winzerblog ein, von dem ich denke das er der Beginn einer wundervollen Idee ist. Es geht um eine Europäische Weinbloggerkonferenz, initiert von
Ryan und Gabriella Opaz und Robert McIntosh.
Als Termin ist der 29. – 31. August 2008 vorgesehen, stattfinden soll es im Rioja. Weitere Infos, Diskussionen und Links findet ihr im für die Konferenz eingerichteten Blog ewbc2008.wineblogger.info
Ich gehe davon aus das alle an diesem Thema interessierten Englisch verstehen und verzichte daher auf eine Übersetzung.
Ich würde mich freuen wenn es den einen oder anderen Weinblogger gäbe der ebenfalls Interesse an einer Teilnahme hätte, persönlich kann ich jedoch erst in einigen Monaten eine Zu- oder Absage machen, abhängig von der Erntesituation.
“Dear Fellow Wine Blogger,
As a member of the 200+ strong Wine Bloggers group on facebook, we are writing to you to get your advice and support.
This is an exciting time for wine bloggers, and Wine 2.0 in general, as the power and influence of our medium is being recognised by more and more people. Unfortunately most of us work alone and independently, learning and honing our own skills but largely unable to share that with our peers.
A group of us propose taking the first, small step to changing this. Facebook is proving to be a good way to meet new people, but not to have a conversation. Instead, we are arranging a face-to-face get-together at the end of August in Rioja for any wine blogger who can make it. We aim to make new friends, share good ideas, offer support and advice, discuss ways to improve our blogs, including generating revenue, and generally talk about and taste wine.
Although this event is primarily European focused, any wine blogger is welcome to help shape the event or even attend, whether you are based in Europe, North America or further afield. If Rioja is just too far for you, you might even join in and meet others willing to help organise an event more local to you – in fact we believe a California event is also in the planning stages.
So what are we asking from you? Not much, really.
* Join the conversation at http://ewbc2008.wineblogger.info today. You can read our posts, discuss issues in the forum or maybe just register for the RSS feed to follow the developments. After the event you will also be able to use this site to read our reports and hopefully watch the podcasts.
* Check out the facebook event page (at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=8245098642) and RSVP, even with just a “maybe attending” to stay up to date with developments. Registration on the conference site is coming soon!
* Spread the word! Let your readers and other wine bloggers you link to know about the event – after all, this is what blogs are so good at doing.
* Share your thoughts. All advice and thoughts on content and speakers are welcome.
* Join us, if you can for a fun & relaxed 3 day event over a weekend – 29-31 August 2008. As well as talking, there will be great wine, fabulous food, wine tastings, visit to wineries and a stunning wine museum, and the chance to take a look around the vineyards. Did we mention the wine?
We look forward to hearing from you and meeting as many of you as possible in person at the conference.
Warm regards and thanks